Big Island Vision Center has been helping people of the Big Island for over 20 years. Our experienced staff enjoy helping our patients see clearly with the latest optical and contact lenses.
DOCTOR CEDRIC MITSUI's Credentials
- Doctor of Optometry from University of California at Berkeley
- America Optometry Association (AOA) 1990- Present
- AOA Low Vision Section
- AOA Contact Lenses and Coronary Section
- AOA Sport’s Vision Section
- Member of Hawaii Optometry Association 1990 - Present
- Past President, Hawaii Optometric Association
- Optometric Recognition Award Recipient
- Completed Special Olympics Regional Coordinator Training Program
Dr. Cedric Mitsui of Hilo is among 58 optometrists throughout the United States who have received the American Optometric Association (AOA) 2017 Continuing Optometric Recognition Award.
Served adjunct faculty for:
- Pacific University College of Optometry
- Southern California College of Optometry
- State University of New York College of Optometry
- University of California at Berkeley School of Optometry
- Chief of Optometry, 21st Evac Hospital
- Assistant Chief of Optometry, Schofield Barracks Optometry Clinic
- Tripler Army Medical Center’s Optometric Externship Coordinator
- Member of Tripler Army Medical Center’s Silver Caduceus Society
- Past Member of Armed Forces Optometric Society
- Military Awards
- Meritorious Service Medal
- 2 Army Commendation Medals
- Liberation of Kuwait Medal, Kuwait
- Liberation of Kuwait Medal, Saudi Arabia
- Army Community of Excellence Coin
- Past President, Rotary Club of Hilo Bay
- Rotary Community Corps District Chairperson
- District 5000 White Hats Society Member
- Paul Harris Fellow
Lion’s Club International
- Charter Member, Mauna Kea Lion’s Club
- Past President of the Waiakea Lion’s Club
- Two-time recipient Lion’s Club International President Leadership Medal
- 5 Lion’s Club International President's Certificate of Achievement
- Spoke at 2 LCI Lion’s Leadership Forum in Anchorage & Tampa Bay
- District 50 Leadership Chair
- District 50 Region Chair
- District 50 Zone Chair
- District 50 Sight Committee Member
- Melvin Jones Fellow
- Member of the Kilauea Masonic Lodge
- 33rd° Scottish Rite Mason
Veteran's Of Foreign War
- VFW Post 3830 Pahoa Life Member
KAY TAJIRI – OPTICAL AND CONTACT LENSES MANAGER
Kay has been in the optometric field for over 15 years.
Many of our patients are extremely satisfied with their eye-wear after Kay carefully selects them, measures their eyes with our state of the art instrumentation, fabricates them with our ultra modern edgers, and adjusts the temples to fit comfortably.
Kay also instructs new and existing contact lenses patients on the proper use and care of their contact lenses.
Malia Ushijima – Insurance Manager
Malia has been with our office for 7 years. She graduated from the University of Hawaii at Manoa with a BA in Biology.
She currently processes all of our office’s insurance claims and performs the optometric pretest and helps patients order glasses and contact lenses.
Malia has been very active in the community. She served as the Charter president for the Mauna Kea Club Branch and the Mauna Kea Lion’s Club. She served as the District 50 Region 7 Sight Coordinator, helping train Lions to perform vision screening. She has received an international president medal and has spoken at the USA Canada Lion’s Leadership Forum in Anchorage, Alaska. She has also received numerous other awards from District 50.